So far I have found walking the best stress reliving method for myself. Every day I devote one hour of my mine walking alongside the park thinking about myself, this has become a habit for me.
Well walking at different intensity, pace and time give different results for all.
Refer the below chart for a rough estimation of burnt calorie depending on mentioned factors:
- Moderate – 5 km per hour
- Fast – 6-8 km per hour
- Uphill – 5.5 km per hour
- Downhill – 3 km per hour
Once you get into the routine, try to add below points to give yourself an extra push:
- Add weights or walk holding sticks also known as Nordic walking
- Walk in combination of uphill & downhill, adding stairs
- Try to beat your previous day score
According to the American Council on Exercise, an regular walking program can improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, improve bone strength, prevent weight gain and even boost your energy levels. Along with its many health benefits, walking also exercises several different muscles.
- Quadriceps – located on the front of your thigh and run from your hips and upper femur down to your knee cap
- Glutes – Butt muscle
- Hamstrings – Thigh muscle in between the hip & the knee
- Lower leg
- Upper body – Indirectly
As a result few months down the lane of dedicate walking you can see a healthier version of yourself.
- Brain Improves mood
- Relives back pain
- Hips reduce
- Leg lowers the risk of blood clots
- Lowers blood pressure & risk of heart attack
- Arms Strengthens
- Tightens Abdominal Muscles
- Keep knee joints healthy
- Feet reduce the load on other joints
Keep Walking 🙂
Pic & data courtesy – Google