“Olive oil” is obtained from the fruit of olive trees by crushing olives and extracting the juice. People have been eating olive oil for thousands of years and it is now more popular than ever, thanks to its many proven health benefits and its culinary usefulness.It is the only cooking oil that is made without the use of chemicals and industrial refining.
Extra virgin Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat, which our body needs to function properly in the right balance.
1. Extra Virgin Olive oil is made up of different compounds, one of which helps prevent/slows growth of breast cancer cell that can lead to tumors.
2. It helps increase immunity by creating healthy cholesterol.
3. Regular use in cooking lower the risk of stroke by approx 41%.
4. According to The Journal of Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology study, regular use of Extra Virgin Olive oil reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s.
5. Olive oil helps boost your metabolism, which in turn helps control your weight.
6. Regular intake of Olive oil helps decrease both systolic & diastolic blood pressure.
7. For Diabetic patient, use of olive oil in regular diet helps lower “bad” low density lipoprotins and improved blood sugar control and enhances insulin sensitivity.
8. Improved bone mineralization and calcification.
9. Treat Bad breath-
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
Consume the mixture in empty stomach.
10. The antioxidant content of olive oil can shield our hepatic tissues from this damage, maintaining a good and healthy liver.
1. Moisturizes Dry skin including extremely dry skin prone area like elbow and knees keeping it soft and smooth.
2. Helps in clearing out and maintaining the natural skin tone.
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oily
- Yolk of one egg.
- Mix all and apply on a clean face
- Rinse off with Luke warm water after 20 min.
3. Rejuvenates your Skin. It also soothe and heal skin irritations.
- Mix olive oil and mashed avocados
- Apply it on your face
- Rinse off with Luke warm water after 20 min.
4. Due to the fact that it is rich in healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E along with squalene and oleic acidas it also helps in getting rid of free radicals as well as repair the damage done due to exposure to sun.
5. Massaging your skin with olive oil not only rejuvenates but also increases the elasticity of the skin ans lightens stretch.
6. As its not harsh on skin, you can also use olive oil as make remover.(For oily skin use more of castor and less of olive oil)
7. Massaging with olive oil prevents premature aging due to antioxidants present in olive oil- hydroxytyrosol along with the vitamin E.
8. Exfoliating your skin with Olive oil and sugar mixed well together, leaves your skin baby smooth and soft.You can prepare the mixture and store in the cabinet for regular use. Every night before sleeping, spread out the scrub over your face and neck, leave for 15 minutes and then gently massage with your finger tips. Do not wash just wipe it off with a cotton ball and leave it.
9. Natural Sunscreen – Do his an hour before you step out in the sun.
- Mix equal quantities of olive oil and tea decoction (tea boiled in water and strained)
- Apply all over the body and face.
- Let it get absorbed for an hour.
- Rinse, don’t wash, so that it leaves a residue on the skin.
10. Use an old mascara brush and apply olive oil with it. This will result in longer and shinier eyelashes without any loss of lashes or eye allergies.
11. Before shaving, apply olive oil and leave it for 2-3 minutes. This will leave your skin soft and help u shave off the hair smoothly. After shaving use olive oil as finishing wipes.
12. Rubbing few drops of olive oil into the cuticle area and around the nails ensures that the cuticles stay moist and nails remain shiny.
13. Dipping your finger and toe nails in olive oil once a week helps in strengthening nails.
14. To soften cracked heels, apply olive oil and wear socks before going to bed.
1. Weekly massaging your hair and scalp with olive oil helps treat dry an damage hair that leads to problems like split ends and frizzy hair.
2. Treating extremely dry hair-
- Mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with 1/2 tsp of honey
- Double boil this mixture (place the mixture in a small container and then place it above the container put for boiling water)
- Do not over heat as it will loose its benefits
- Apply this to your scalp and leave it for 20 min followed by hair wash and conditioner.
3. Hair Conditioner – Take equal quantity of Olive oil and water – Remove excess water and apply in your hair after shampoo – Cover your hair with towel for 10-15 minutes – Rinse off with another round of shampoo
- Avoid consuming olive oil more in quantity.
- Never apply it on open wounds with prior consultation.
- Don’t use more amounts of olives during pregnancy/ breastfeeding.