Know all about Hormones & Hormonal Imbalance
WHAT ARE HORMONES?
Hormones are like our internal body messengers, created in the endocrine glands.
HOW DOES HORMONE HELP?
Hormones travel through your tissues and organs dictating our bodily functions like metabolism, appetite, sleep, reproduction, emotions, stress, happiness, anxiety and everything.
Main Hormone Producing Glands:
Hypothalamus: Controls body temperature, hunger, thirst, sleep, sex, moods and release of hormones from other glands
Parathyroid: Controls body calcium
Thymus: Controls the immune system
Pancreas: Produces insulin
Thyroid: Controls calorie burning and heart rate
Adrenal: Controls sex drive and stress hormone
Pituitary: Controls other glands
Pineal: Controls the sleep cycle
Ovaries: Secretes female sex hormones [found only in women]
Testes: Secretes male sex hormone [found only in men]
We need our hormones in good working condition for our body to function optimally.
WHAT IS HORMONAL IMBALANCE & HOW DOES IT AFFECT US?
Hormonal imbalance affects our physical, emotional and mental health. It increases our risk of obesity, diabetes, heart problems and insomnia.
Hormonal imbalances happens when there is too much or too little of a hormone in our bloodstream; as a result you face difficulties in carrying out bodily functions and just not feel right.
You may experience below symptoms:
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Excess sweating
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Skin Issues – Acne, Dry skin, Rash etc.
hair loss or thinning
- Calcium deficiency
- Lethargic feeling
- Frequent urination
- Memory loss
- Bloating & gut issues
- Always tired & irritated
- Always drowsy
- Mood swings
- Irregular periods
- Excess hunger or no appetite, and many more
HOW HORMONES DOES GET IMBALANCE?
- Certain hormones decline with Age
- Stress & Imbalanced Lifestyle
- Poor Diet
- Certain Medication – Birth control pills, steroids, etc.
- Certain medical concerns [ Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes , PCOS, Ovarian Cancer, Prostate cancer, etc.]
- Exposure to Chemicals – Toxins, Pollution, Pesticides, Herbicides, etc.
18 WAYS TO BALANCE YOUR HORMONES
- Eating right food benefits your body when you eat on the right time and in a right way
- To balance your insulin, eat every 3-4 hrs
- Do not starve yourself, intake sufficient calories  per day
- Sit down while you eat
- Chew your food well before swallowing
- Stay stress free, stress makes it difficult for your gut to absorb certain nutrients
- Go for stress reduction method – Meditation, Yoga, Massage, Music
- Reduce alcohol intake, it hikes your blood sugar also raises estrogen levels
- Cut down your caffeine and sugar intake
- Drink enough water
- Add enough protein to your meals
- Add good fat your diet, like – Fish, Seeds
- Avoid wearing extremely tight clothes, especially on your waist
- Add workout to your daily routine
- Make efforts to get good 7-8 hrs sleep
- Make sure to absorb enough morning sun light
- Maintain good hygiene
- Strictly no eating or heating food in plastic containers