White, stain free teeth gives an impression of how healthy and hygienic your lifestyle is. Tint of yellowness in our teeth prevent you from smiling in public making you self conscious.
- Drinking Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks and Wine can stain your teeth.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco causes yellow teeth.
- Inadequate brushing your teeth properly and flossing.
- Few disease and even their treatment can cause discoloration of teeth. For example chemotherapy cause teeth discoloration.
- The antibiotics, tetracycline and doxycycline when given to children before age 8, promotes discoloring of teeth. Mouth washes containing chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride can also stain teeth. Antihistamines (like Benadryl), antipsychotic drugs, and drugs for high blood pressure also cause teeth discoloration.
- The outer layer of enamel on your teeth starts getting worn off with your age, exposing the natural yellow color of dentin.
Often people seek dentist for whitening purpose, but along with being time taking it is also expensive.
Try out these 6 Ways to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth with the ingredients present in your kitchen and you can also restore the white pearl teeth of yours.
1. Baking Soda
The whitening agent present in baking soda not only lighten the color of your teeth but also removes any accumulated plaque.
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Toothpaste (usual toothpaste that you use)
Mix baking soda with toothpaste
Brush your teeth with this paste
Repeat this process once or twice a week
2. Tangy Lemon
The bleaching agent present in lemon fight against yellow teeth.
You can either rub lemon peel extract on your teeth or just rinse your mouth with lemon juice mixed with some distilled water.
The acidic properties of apple helps in whitening teeth naturally.
Strawberries can be used as an effective whitening aid. Just crush few strawberries in the form of paste and use as toothpaste on alternate nights before going to bed.
You can also rub some salt on your teeth daily, as it promotes whitening of teeth.
Grinding the leaves of tulsi and using it to brush your teeth promotes whitening of teeth.
Orange peel is rich in calcium and vitamin C, which helps fight bacteria in the mouth and get rid of yellow teeth. Scrub your teeth with orange peel thrice a week.