With pressure and friction in elbows, knees and in ankles, dead skin gets accumulated causing the skin to turn black. Wearing short dresses, skirt or sleeveless exposes those black knees and elbows making it embarrassing for you.
Sun exposure and insufficient exfoliation adds to the darkening of the skin. Regular use of Exfoliation and bleaching based natural home remedies can help you Get Rid of Dark Elbow & Knees.
1. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking soda (effective in cleaning and lightening of the skin)
- 2 tbsp milk (bleaches and cleanses the skin)
- Mix baking soda and milk
- Apply this paste on your knees, elbow & ankle
- Scrub it in circular motion for 5minutes and later rinse off using lukewarm water
Repeat this process every alternate day to notice change.
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix all the ingredients and apply this paste on your knees, elbow & ankle
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Wet your fingers and rub the affected areas gently and later rinse off with lukewarm water
Antiseptic, moisturizing and cleansing properties of turmeric, honey and milk helps in cleaning & lightening of the skin.
3. Sugar-Olive Scrub
Sugar as scrub and olive oil as moisturizing agent works fantastic to get rid of dead skin.
- Take 2 tbsp of sugar and crush it little, don’t make it too powdery. We need to have some granules
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Mix sugar and olive oil together forming a thick paste. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and scrub it for 15 minutes, make sure not to rub too hard as it might hurt your skin.
Leave it for 5 minutes and later rinse off using lukewarm water or you can just wipe it off with a cotton ball.
You can also use this scrub to exfoliate the dead skin from your face and neck.
4. Lemon & Honey
The bleaching agent of lemon and moisturizing properties of honey servers great in lightening the skin.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix well and apply on your knees, elbow and ankle
- Leave it for 20 minutes and later rinse off with water
5. Gram Flour & Lemon
Gram flour serves as a natural scrub. Mixture of gram flour and lemon works great to exfoliate and lighten the skin.
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix well and apply on your knees, ankle and elbow
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and then rub it gently using your finger tips
- Let it dry and then rinse off using lukewarm water
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is very effective in healing skin damaged caused by sun exposure. It not only moisturizes but also prevents the darkening of the skin.
- Pluck 1 inch of aloe Vera stem freshly from the plant
- Peel the thin layer from the stem and rub the gel to your knees and elbow
- Let it get absorbed for 30 minutes and later rinse off with water
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV when applied with yogurt cleanses and moisturizes the skin and helps restore your skin complexion.
- Mix 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 2 tbsp yogurt
- Apply this paste on your knees, elbow and ankle
- Let it dry for 2-3 minutes
- Massage the skin using your finger tips gently and later rinse off with water
- Moisturize it well
Use a good loofah to scrub the dark elbow and knees while taking bath, when the skin is moist. Pumic stone also removes the dead cells of the skin.
Also moisturize it well using olive oil or cocoa butter or Shea butter every day.
Coconut oil and sesame oil can also be used to moisturize hard skin of knee, ankle and elbow.
Its vitamin E component helps in lightening the skin tone and prevents dryness by keeping the skin hydrated and repairing damaged skin. Make sure you apply good SPF sunscreen before steeping out in the sun.
Regular exfoliation and moisturizing will help restore your skin tone.