Poly-cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is an hormone imbalance affecting the ovaries and ovulation.
Polycystic means many cyst, in simple words PCOS means small sacs growing inside the ovary.
In today’s lifestyle, PCOS has become too common among women of age group 15-44 yrs. In one study, up to 70 percent of women with PCOS hadn’t been diagnosed.
MYTH: Only overweight women suffers from PCOS
TRUTH: Thin and underweight women can suffer from PCOS
- Irregular or Prolonged Periods
- Hormonal Disorder
- Excess Male Hormonal
CAUSES & SYMPTOMS
- Hair growth on skin
- Heart Disease
- Weight Gain
- Darkening of the Skin
PCOS makes it harder to get pregnant, and increases risk for pregnancy complications and miscarriage.
- For overweight women loose 8-10 % of your body weight
- This will help you regulate your menstrual cycle
- Add 30 min exercise to your daily routine
- Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
- Go for lymphatic body massage once in a month
ALARM… See a DOCTOR
- Missed periods and you’re not pregnant.
- You have symptoms of PCOS, such as hair growth on your face and body.
- You’ve been trying to get pregnant for more than 12 months but haven’t been successful.
- You have symptoms of diabetes, such as excess thirst or hunger, blurred vision, or unexplained weight loss.
Healthy lifestyle with balanced diet and exercise can treat PCOS and improve the odds of getting pregnant.